Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
  • Firemen treated for inhaling chlorine at fire
    CRESSON FIRE: Firefighters, including 18 from Cresson, fought a large house fi re Saturday night in the Tres Vista subdivision just north of Cresson off Highway 377. Two firemen were treated after COURTESY inhaling chlorine, according to Cresson Fire Chie

Firemen treated for inhaling chlorine at fire

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A Cresson firefighter remained hospitalized at press time after battling a large house fire Saturday night near Cresson.

The blaze heavily damaged the 4,600-square-foot home in Tres Vista just north of Cresson off Highway 377, Cresson Fire Chief Ron Becker said.

The Cresson fireman and another fireman inhaled pool chlorine, causing respiratory distress, Becker said. He was on the way to the hospital Monday afternoon to check on the fireman, expecting that he will be released soon. The other fireman was treated and released.

No one else was injured, including the homeowners who were there when the fire broke out.

The fire started in or near the fireplace, Parker County Assistant Fire Marshal Kurt Harris said.

The fire was reported at 6 p.m.

editor@hcnews.com | 817-573-7066, ext. 245

 

 

Hood County News

1501 S. Morgan
PO Box 879
Granbury, Texas 76048

Open
M - TH: 8:30 AM - 4 PM
F: 8:30 AM - 12 PM

Privacy Policy